Fair-Weather Friend

 This is, over everything, a confession or a shameless acknowledgement of my hypocrisy.

While fair weather spells of my brain and heart make me an outspoken person, atleast in my close circle, some spells make me take quite the U turn. 

Life as a hypocrite (or its privileged counterpart, confused) is quite the dual. Feeling restrained to stand up for it, while having perfect knowledge as it being your absolute truth is a kind of mind gymnastics most people of my age and class demographic tackles.

It becomes especially challenging when the 'to be convinced' are your idols, your lighthouses and support systems.

What do we prioritise then- placating them or listening to the Inner voice? How long do we live in denial of the lightyears different thought processes and ideologies? How long do we put off worrying about Us being on the other side? How long do we still have to strive to make others and ourselves mindful of words, actions and thoughts, their lasting impacts and manifestation of micro-aggressions?

How much longer to shut off the never concluding debate on the insides whether to shut up and nod or sit up and talk.

And finally, what is to come out of the 'sit up and talk' ?

This is among other things, an extension of empathy and an acknowledgement of my fair weather friends - my ideals and pathways.

When the going is good, these friends give me hope of a better future, but when it hits a rough patch, the time tested method of minimum assertion and maximum compliance always helps me tide through.

What then is an all weather tactic to love, respect but disagree?

How do we prioritise?

I hope it is confusion that reflects and it comes through and boomerangs some needed advice.

Comments

Popular Posts